Sunday 23 September 2012

Holiday 2012

Last week we finally went on a holiday!  My first for nearly 3 years, and let me tell you, it was a looong time coming, and it was soooooo good!  I just RELAXED the whole time, wonderful!  And I am afraid I didn't really want to come back home to the hum drum of every day life, doing laundry and endless dished, tidying and stressing about getting to places on time. It was so nice to spend hours reading, and putting my feet up, not worrying about cleaning and tidying, playing with Orren, spending time talking to my husband, doing cross words, visiting lovely old houses and romantic ruins, walking on the beaches, not having to be anywhere in particular.  It was bliss.  
We didn't travel far, just to the North Norfolk coast to a little fisherman's cottage in a village called Blakeney.    Thankfully we had some wonderful sunny, if a little blowy days, and only one day of drizzle.  
On our holiday we:
  • Walked along the Quay at Blakeney,
  • Visited three National Trust properties; Felbrigg Hall, Blicking Estate and Oxburgh Hall,
  • Visited two lots of ruins; Binham priory and Baconsfield Castle,
  • Visited three seaside towns and walked on their beaches; Wells-Next-the-Sea, Cromer and Sheringham,
  • Ate lunch at the Blakeney Hotel,
  • Had lots of picnics,
  • Laughed a lot,
  • Took lots of photos:
































2 comments:

  1. it looks like you all had a wonderful time, and made such happy memories.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.