Whilst browsing some Mori girl websites I came across another Japanese fashion sub-culture similar to Mori called Hama Girls, this blog says that:
"Hama girls are the sisters of mori girls who live by the sea:
- layers of clothing that is tattered by the wind
- colours of the sea, blues, greys, whites, sea foam and deep green
- tousled and sun bleached hair
- long walks on the beach, watching the sun rise and sunset, collecting the treasures of the sea
- adornments that are made of found objects, smooth driftwood, sea glass, shells and feathers
- the ocean is freedom
I love this! I don't live by the sea, but I would love to, and if I did I can just see myself fulfilling this description.
Here are some lovely photos all from the above blog that epitomise the Hama Girl style:
I am pretty sure I will be doing more blog posts about Hama Girls in the future, I can just see some coastal themed Etsy treasuries and some Polyvore collages in the making. Stay tuned.