Wednesday 16 January 2013

A couple of tasty lunches

In the spirit of trying to stick to my New Years Resolutions I have been trying to make more nutritious lunches recently.  Our usual meal would consist of toast in some form topped with either scrambled egg, baked beans or grilled cheese, so I am really being very adventurous with these dishes.
First I did homemade hummus on homemade bread (always) topped with roasted red peppers and Greek feta cheese:


Then a tomato salad (not very seasonal I know) with the same hummus and feta cheese and some homemade tortillas drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a sprinkling of pepper and dried parsley. Yum!



Both very delicious, and both making me feel ever so slightly pleased with myself, the hummus is really easy to make and so are the tortillas.  I really don't mind taking the time to make these sorts of things from scratch, I just really hate the washing up!

Hummus is:

400g tin of chickpeas,
2 garlic cloves,
Juice of a lemon,
2 tbsp tahini,
3 tbsp olive oil,
A pinch of paprika.

Whizz up in a blender

(Recipe is from the Baby Led Weaning Cookbook by Gill Rapley)

Tortillas are:

300g plain flour,
60g butter,
175ml warm water,

Kneed together then roll out and fry on a hot dry frying pan.

(recipe adapted from step-by-step vegetarian by Rosemary Wadey etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.