Last year I made some new years resolutions, so though I would now take the opportunity to see which ones I achieved, which ones I nearly achieved and which ones I didn't achieve (and why) So these were my resolutions for 2011:
1. Read the Bible in a year - I have very nearly done this, I am about two months behind and am proud of that alone, I have never got this far through the Bible before. I have found the process of reading it very useful, though I have to confess often I am just reading the words and I feel they are not really sinking in, however the odd verse jumps out at me and speaks to me on a really personal level. My aim now is to read the rest before the baby arrives!
courtesy of weheartit2. Buy nothing new for a year - Although I did of course buy new things this year, I think I was much more thoughtful when making purchases, I did consider if I could make things or get them second hand and have come to the conclusion that if there is something out there that I really really want (but can't afford), then I can get it one way or another, either I buy something similar second hand or make it myself.
Vintage map bunting for sale in the craft shop
3. Exercise at least 3 time a week - for a long time I was cycling to work every day, but since I fell pregnant I have been too frightened to cycle in case I fall off or hurt myself on the handle bars, so I have stuck with walking; walking to the shops when I can and going for long woodland walks at weekends.
Me on one of our many woodland walks,
4. Eat more healthily - I started the year eating very healthily but in the spring I started medication for Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome which made me feel very sick, then I fell pregnant and felt even more sick to the point where vegetables made me gag (I can't think why my body didn't want me to eat veg but I couldn't) however I did keep eating lots of fruit so don't feel too bad about not being super healthy.
Courtesy of weheartit.com
5. Finish my wedding scrapbook - hmmm still not finished, or even close!
Unfinished wedding scrapbook,
6. Grow more veg - I struggled with this because I had a very difficult start to my pregnancy and as a result wasn't able to work the allotment...AND I got an eviction letter :( On the bright side I am now sharing the allotment with a friend so hopefully it will be more manageable in 2012, I can't wait to spend time there with my child, showing him or her the wonders of nature,
7. Make £400 per month of crafts, photography etc - Didn't manage £400 per month, but I was pleased with what I achieved in 2011 in terms of independent money making. I am going to carry on with my Etsy craft shop, although I have closed the art shop because it wasn't as successful as I had hoped. I am on maternity leave from photography now, but will start again in late March/April. Having said that I am definitely happier with the craft side of things than the photography, and am going to work on this more in 2012,
32 sales yippy!
8. Pay off overdraft - I did this!! Purely on saving and spending less, so very pleased with myself,
Courtesy of weheartit.com
9. Watch less TV - I did this and re-read "Remotely controlled" to motivate me further, I am going to continue watching less TV and hope that when our baby comes I will be far to busy! Really don't want to look back on my life and have wasted 12 years watching TV (The average amount British people watch TV in their lifetime!)
10. Have 100 followers on the blog - I have 106 lovely lovely followers, I have love for you all, I love your comments, thankyou thankyou for following my blog.
My fabulous followers!
As for 2012, I am not making New Years resolutions but I do have many hopes for my life with my husband and our new baby which I am sure I will share with you as time goes by. I am really looking forward to 2012.
(Photos are mine unless linked to weheartit.com)