Thursday 17 March 2011

cupboard notice board

On my wonderful Wednesday off from work I made this notice board.  I really dislike the cupboards in my kitchen but we can't afford a whole new kitchen just yet, a while ago I had the idea of making one of the cupboard doors into a notice board.  I bought the fabric and wadding ages ago but never got round to making the notice board so yesterday, as I wasn't feeling inspired to do any painting I decided to get on and do the board.
I unscrewed the door off then laid the wadding over the door, I cut the fabric to the right size, I turned the door over and stapled the fabric round it.  I didn't have enough of the same ribbon or tape or lace, so I mixed and matched with two different types of the same colour.  I stapled where the tape crosses over the stuck some matching red buttons on with a glue gun

I am really pleased with the result, it brightens up the kitchen and is one less ugly cupboard door to look at.
I forgot to photograph the door before so here is one of the other cupboard doors so you can have an idea of what it was like:

Beige and boring


Spotty and fabulous

 Ooooh yes


I also spent some time re-labelling all my herb and spice jars:



Hope you have all had a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. That noticeboard is stunning, my love! & wow, thats a lot of spices - I need to stock up soon! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.