Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sisters Encaustic Painting

This is not technically an encaustic painting because I have not added pigments to the wax, but I can't think of another word to use the describe the fact that I have added wax to a painting!  I am really pleased with the outcome, I experimented scratching into the wax then rubbing oil paint into the scratch marks.  It was also the first time I have used fabric over a canvas.  Making it was really exciting, like alchemy, I felt like some crazed scientist who had just discovered a new element.   I worked fast and spontaneously, doing whatever felt right, it was good fun.
I am not sure I will put this painting in the shop, I am not convinced it is commercial enough to sell or that anyone would want to buy it.  Let me know what you think.






4 comments:

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.