Wednesday 3 November 2010

Yummy pumpkin pie

Not a fan of Halloween, but I am a fan of pumpkin pie. This is my favourite recipe:



Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees, serves 6.

Make a sweet pastry crust, blind bake.

For pie filling:

425g blended fresh peeled pumpkin,
1 large egg and 1 yolk,
50g soft brown sugar,
1/2 tsp cinnamon,
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg,
1/4 tsp ground allspice,
1/4 tsp ground cloves,
1/4 tsp ground ginger.
142 ml double cream (approx)

Lightly whisk the egg and extra yolk together in a large bowl. Put sugar, spices and cream in a pan and bring to simmering point on the hob, whisking. Pour this over the eggs and whisk briefly. Add the blended pumpkin still whisking. Pour into pastry case.

Bake for 35-40 minutes until filling has puffed up but is still slightly wobbly. Remove and leave to cool. Lasts for a few days in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm love Pumpkin Pie can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.