Friday 3 December 2010

Exciting News

I have exciting news for me to share today (as in it's exciting news for me that I will share with you today!)
I have been thinking and talking to my hubby, for perhaps a year or so now about reducing my days at school, but have always thought it was impossible and that they would never let me do it.  Well a few weeks ago some factors came together that made me think that perhaps it would be possible for me to reduce my days per week of teaching.  So I went and spoke to my headmaster and just asked about the possibility, he said he would discuss it with the deputy but thought it would be possible, so I though I would just wait it out and see what he said, pretty much thinking they would say it wouldn't work with the timetable.  Next thing I know, yesterday I was told that not only is it definitely possible but it is happening!!  I can't believe how quickly this has all come together.  I don't know what day I will have off yet but I am really excited about it.  I feel I am finally taking a step in the right directing and doing something to change my life rather than just moaning about it. 
I will go down to four days per week in January and I am just itching when I think of all the things I am going to do with my extra day.  My main focus will be my Art work but I will also use the time to organise more photography so I have still got that extra income. My husband and I have talked about it and said that I am going to have to be really disciplined with my time, make plans for what I am going to do, make sure I follow things through and make sure I am making money (we still have a rather large mortgage to pay after all). It would be great if I didn't have to worry about the money, but for us it is a fact of life and I just have to live with it. 
I can't believe in just two weeks time I will have a new timetable and a different working week, so exciting.  I can;t wait to share everything with all of you, I really hope it is going to be a success, it makes me feel very nervous, but I know I am doing the right thing.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, how exciting. It makes all the difference having that extra day. You can even go to the bank during the week now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!!! I would love an extra day off but that's not possible at my work...
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.