Wednesday 18 May 2011

Grandad's 90th

A little while ago Paul's Granddad turned 90.  There were no plans for a party so I decided that the day should not pass un-noticed and so I took it upon myself to create a little portable party to take to his house for the big day including "Happy Birthday" bunting, a home-made birthday cake, a home-made steak and ale pie and a 90 badge, all made by me.  We also took a few mini bottles of sparkling white and rose wine and I took a few of my 1940's and 1950's cds including "Hits from the Blitz", "Songs that won the war" and "lemon popsicles and strawberry milkshakes". We had a really lovely day and Paul's Granddad really enjoyed it, he kept saying I have never had anything like this" it was so sweet.  Here are some photos from the big day:

Notice the badge on the right? That's the one I made!

Signature bunting,


 Not bad for a first attempt at icing a cake with roll out icing,

Shame it got damaged in transit.

Enjoying a choc ice!


After the sparkling wine!

Happy 90th Granddad!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! xx Happy Birthday Grandad! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Happy Birthday to your Grandad. I bet he was well pleased with your handmade gifts. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the photos and know that the WHOLE Jackson family appreciated what you did! Good work! Thanks for posting the photos! Love the badge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.