You might notice that I have created one of those Grab My Button thingies that the likes of Kelly Rae Roberts have on their blogs, and may I just say, it took a LOT of effort to get this button things to appear correctly on my blog.
So as a result of the tears and tantrums I had with various code generators, HTML's and the like I have decided to do a simplified description of how to create on for your very own blog in 10 easy steps.
It goes like this:
1. Create an image that you want to use as a button, make it smallish and upload it to photobucket,
3. Go to this button generator: http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/,
4. Enter your blog title, for example I entered "Serendipitychild",
5. Enter your website URL, this is the web address for your blog which appears in the long box at the top of the internet page, (where you type in website addresses) when you are actually on your blog homepage. For example mine is http://www.serendipitychild.blogspot.com
6. Next you need to enter your image URL. You get this by going back to photobucket and running the mouse arrow over the image that you want to use as your button. Underneath the image several boxes will appear. Click on the the one that says "IMG code" this is the image URL. It looks like this:
7. By clicking the IMG code, you automatically copy it. Go back to the code generator and paste the URL code into the box that says image URL. You will notice that at the start and end of the code you have got this: [IMG]. Delete this from the start and end of the code.
8. Click "preview" to check everything is ok, if it is then click "get code".
9. Copy the code from the box that appears underneath, it looks like this:
And that is all there is to it!! My problem was that I didn't know what an Image URL code was or how to get one, and couldn't find anywhere that told me. So now you know. Hope this is helpful and will stop you from getting cross with your laptop like I did!