Saturday 1 January 2011

New Years resolutions

What I love most about new years is not the drinking and partying (although that can be good too), but the feeling of starting a fresh.  For some reason the transition of one number to another on the calendar gives us a feeling of having another chance, a new start to life.  And this year is no different.  I have many many hopes for the year ahead, I am so excited about it but I didn't want to over do it with the ol' New Years Resolutions so have just come up with 10 (maybe that seems like a lot).  I have tried to be really specific with them rather than making sweeping generalisations and grand gestures:

1.     Read the bible in a year - following my new "Read the Bible in a year" book,



2.   2. Buy nothing new for a year – Only buy new if I can’t make what I need or find it second hand, I am not going to beat myself up if I do buy something, but I am going to try to keep this in mind before making purchases,


3.   3. Exercise – at least 3 times per week, workout videos and walking/jogging, I want to get fit, but also want to enjoy myself, not torture myself,


4.       Eat more healthily - don't buy something ready made when I could make it for myself, eat at least 5 piece of fruit and veg per day,


5.   5.Finish wedding scrapbook before 2nd anniversary in July.


6.   6. Grow more veg – Tidy allotment and plant over the whole of it, spend at least 1hr per week, (don't get eviction letter), eat what I grow,


7.   7.Make £400 per month through photography, art and craft by August, this is the amount I will be losing by going part time at teaching,



8.   8.Pay off overdraft, be at least at 0 at the end of every month,


9.       Watch less TV -  it is no secret that I am a telly addict so I am going to try to only watch the TV for specific programs and not just put it on because it is the default entertainment activity,


10      Have 100 followers of blog by May,


Le    Let's see how I get on shall we...
          (All photos from weheartit)

5 comments:

  1. Oh they are great new years resolutions, I'm with you on the keep fit, exercise one :) Wishing you a happy, health and fun filled New Year :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely resolutions, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions, I think I should probably try number 2! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I hope I can stick to them, I have already failed on number 4! Only had two piece of fruit and veg yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful goals! All the best for 2011!
    - Vanessa Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.